Tyrewise Limited (we, us, our) complies with the Privacy Act 2020 (Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
What information we collect
We collect information that helps us to fulfil the obligations of Tyrewise, as the accredited product stewardship programme under the Waste Minimisation (Tyres) Regulations 2023 (Regulations).
This includes information that you give us when you register with Tyrewise, provide data about tyre imports or sales, end-of-life tyre movements, processing or manufacturing data, or other interactions with us. It may also include information that is publicly available in the context of your business operations.
Any personal information that we collect may be used:
- To verify your identity.
- For Tyrewise to collect information about your import and to pass that information to the Crown so they can invoice you and collect money you owe the Crown.
- To make payment to you.
- To respond to communications from you (including any complaints).
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
How we store information
We store information in our Tyrewise software and Customer Relationship Management software.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- A business that supports our services, such as marketing tools, our email newsletter system, or digital advertising systems, Microsoft Office and MYOB. These businesses or their services may be located outside of New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside of New Zealand.
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information).
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority).
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
- 3R Group Limited, a New Zealand company that is the scheme manager for Tyrewise, the accredited product stewardship programme.
How we use information
We use the information we hold about you to help us fulfil our obligations under the Regulations and to provide more personalised services and communications to you, as well as to keep a record of our interactions with you. This can include marketing communications, directly or through third party tools, and managing your subscription status to newsletters.
Information held on behalf of clients
Where we are contracted to carry out services on behalf of clients for their customers and stakeholders, they may provide us with information that allows us to carry out those services. We use and/or share this data we hold or have access to for the sole purpose of carrying out our obligations under those agreements, and then only to the extent necessary to carry out those obligations.
Digital behaviour information
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Updates to this statement
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated 18 October 2023.